Wednesday, December 31, 2014

hello 2015. a memory jar

2015
2014 was a year full of adventures, new friends, opportunity, trying to figure things out, falling, getting back up again, inspiration, clarity, saying goodbye, and also saying hello.

memory jar
memory jars
A new year means a new memory jar. I made my memory jar last year with the intention to fill it up with good things that happened, so then I could look back onto the year and remember all the happiness. I want to continue the tradition this year- it is so important to take time to look back on all the good things that happened.

breathe deeply golden stars memories
I took my 2014 jar off my shelf and emptied out the notes. I sat down on my bed and smiled as I read through all of the things I wrote throughout the year. Some things mean nothing anymore, some things are just little- almost insignificant- moments, some are big events that happened, and others are things I just wanted to remember, for some reason or another. They all made 2014.

notes
memories
2014 memories
Cheers to a new beginning.
Hello 2015.

10 comments :

  1. that is so wonderful :) I looked back at my diary entries and dear God, I've changed a lot. to the better, I hope :) crazy how big moments sometimes become small when you look back a year later...
    I wish you a very, very awesome 2015 ♥
    p.s. your handwriting is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way! Thank you so much, and a happy 2015 to you too! ♥

      Delete
  2. So good to see a post from you, Jordan! Did you ever receive a parcel from me a few months ago? :) These jars are too cute, like everything you create. I'm glad you had a good year and wish you health and happiness in 2015. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I did! And I apologize for not replying right away, but last semester was crazy busy for me! Expect a letter from me soon :) Happy 2015 ♥

      Delete
  3. Remembering about beautiful and important moments is very good idea : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made one for this new year too!
    I hope yours and mine will be full of good memories!
    By the way, did you receive my last letter that i send you last summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you made one! And yes, I did receive your last letter! I am so sorry I didn't reply, but the last few months have been SO busy for me. Expect a letter from me soon though :) Happy 2015 ♥

      Delete
  5. I love these, Jordan. I'm going to start one for Alice. Thank you for the inspo, as always. I love your eye for pretty things. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy that this inspired you, I'm glad you're going to start one for Alice! Happy 2015 ♥

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful idea, I definitely want to create this soon as a keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete