Wednesday, December 17, 2014

winterize your nails

winter nails
Well, hello. It's been a while, I almost don't know where to begin. I will save an update on my life these past few months for another post… but for now I have something fun to show you guys. Julep contacted me about a "Winterize your nails" campaign that they are doing, and I was inspired to give myself a winter manicure.

17
I start with clean, filed nails. I have recently switched to only using non-acetone nail polish remover, and it has made a huge difference in the health of the nails. Before, they would feel dry and brittle every time I took my nail polish off, but now they are stronger and healthier than they've ever been!

19
When you're giving yourself a manicure, don't just stop at your nails. Make a sugar scrub to exfoliate and moisturize your hands! I combined sugar and coconut oil to make my scrub, and it leaves my hands softer than any lotion does. (*note: don't pour oil in the sink, especially coconut oil that hardens at a relatively high temp)

10
For my winter manicure, I started with a soft white base coat. Then I chose a silvery, glitter nail polish to paint on top. I did a thin coat at first, then layered more at the bottom to create a sparkly ombre effect. (ps. If you're looking for some new nail polishes, check out all the new colors Julep has!)

15
The subtle sparkle of this white manicure is reminiscent of twinkling stars and falling snowflakes.

9

16

8

3 comments :

  1. So lovely! I've missed your blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your manicure! You've got such a pretty nailform, honestly :) I've missed you dearly ♥

    ReplyDelete