Monday, February 25, 2013

wax paper envelopes

wax paper envelopes
I think making envelopes is my go-to craft whenever I'm feeling creative, but don't know what to make. They're so quick and easy, and there are endless ways to decorate them. Today I tried a new material to make small envelopes; wax paper (the wax paper in your kitchen that you use to wrap food). I love that it's transparent so you can kind of see it's contents.

supplies
You probably have all the supplies you'll need to make these. You can either open up an envelope you already have to use as a template, or if you want the one I used, you can find it here (Chia's Rubber Stamp Art). Trace the template onto the wax paper with a pencil, that way the marks are light and won't show in the end. I used regular glue to put the envelope together.

summer notes
Then I created little collaged notes to put inside. I made them bright and pretty to show through the envelope. (ps. The colors I chose were inspired by summer -hence the first quote- anybody else ready for this cold weather to end?)

little notes
The outside of the envelopes don't really need to be decorated, except for a small sticker to seal them. Make a bunch of these and give them to your friends to brighten their day! ♥

4 comments :

  1. I love your diy ideas, they're always super cute and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO smart! I make cards of varying sizes and never seem to have enough envelopes, so this is perfect! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much to both of you! And thanks for pinning! When someone likes my posts enough to pin them, I find it a huge compliment! ♥

    ReplyDelete