Saturday, July 25, 2015

planner decorating // a fresh start

planner decorating
Sometimes with no warning, life knocks you off your feet. And you're left to pick yourself up, brush off the dirt, and keep heading down your path.

I've been working on doing the things I love, to aid the process of picking myself back up. I've been sick in bed all week so that has given me an excuse to take a much needed break from work and do the things that really make me happy. Although I usually like to heal my body naturally, there comes a point where you just need a little extra help. So as my new stock of medicine the doctor gave me is helping heal my body, I am working on healing my spirit. I'm sorry I'm keeping this vague, just know I am healing.

The first step to a fresh start can be as simple as buying yourself a new planner. I found this one at Target, and was inspired by Abby's beautiful planner to start decorating my own.

crafting
I gathered together some of my favorite craft supplies and sat in bed while I started decorating my planner.

planner layout
I like the idea of treating my planner like a scrapbook that I can look back on and enjoy even after it's all filled up. I taped in the wrapper of a new tea I tried this week, included a note that my sweet cousin Jade gave me, and wrote in random thoughts from my days (since they weren't too eventful spent all day in bed).

planner note from jade planner layout
I started planning out next week, leaving some blank space so I can continue adding little pieces from my days.

planner planner
This planner is the perfect way to stay creative everyday, even if I don't have much time to craft. I'm excited to continue decorating it, and see what it turns into!

Wishing you all lots of peace and love
xoJordan

13 comments :

  1. Wow! You transformed an already beautiful diary into something super creative and amazing ^_^ Love the idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jordan! I feel for you. I wish you the very best and hope you are healing your body and your soul ♥ Just remember, you are such a lovely, sweet, wonderful person, nobody has the right to hurt you! Take care, I'm sending you all my love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susanne, I appreciate all your love ♥

      Delete
  3. I love look at your notebooks .They're just beautiful!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! If I could be half as creative as you, that would be good enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe I love this so so much! Sending you lots of love girl!💕 thanks for being so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for brightening my day Abby! ♥

      Delete
  6. Hello dear.

    Well, I found your blog by chance and I confess I loved it all.
    The things you do are so beautiful, inspired me.
    So have a nice day and health.

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words mean more than you know, thank you so much! ♥

      Delete
  7. I hope you are feeling better, on a lighter note I love this minimalistic way of decorating, just the inspiration I needed for my planner (if only I could find one I like!)

    ReplyDelete