Tuesday, July 14, 2015

recent favorites

jordan
Today I'm sharing with you guys a few of my recent favorites. To start off, if you follow me on instagram, you might already know that I got my nose pierced! So of course my new jewelry is one of my favorites.

painting
I also got a new set of watercolors, and have enjoyed playing around with them. I have been so busy lately I have not been making time for myself to be creative, so these paints are helping me get back into it.

book and tea
I've been trying to set a nighttime routine for myself of drinking tea and reading for a little while before I go to bed, to calm my mind and bring a little peace before I sleep. My mom lent me the book "Quiet" by Susan Cain a while ago but life got crazy and I'm just now picking it up again. This book has been helping me feel so understood as an introvert. Also, I've been drinking this St. John's Wort tea that I found at my local health food store, which is especially calming when I'm feeling a bit blue. You can read about the benefits of St. John's Wort tea here.

memories
This is a more personal favorite, but looking through old photos and memories has been bringing me a lot of joy lately.

adventures
And finally, planning future adventures is a favorite, because I have something to look forward to and daydream about when I'm working long, tiring days. (Ps. I have a video tutorial for making your very own adventure jar if you'd like one for yourself!)

Sending lots of love to all of you, I hope your week is going great. ♥

2 comments :

  1. I'm glad to read you are doing well. <3 Nice piercing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love your paintings! You are definitely a wonderful artist ♥ An as a fellow introvert, I feel obliged to read this book in the near future :) xx

    ReplyDelete