Wednesday, August 28, 2013

simple and pretty packaging

rosy gift
Hello everyone! I feel like it's been ages since my last post, so thank you for sticking around! :) I promise to do a post all about my life at college so far (and maybe a mini dorm tour!), but until then, here is a little crafty project!

I absolutely love to give people gifts, and one of my favorite things about it is getting to wrap the gift in a pretty package.

supplies
You can keep it simple and still create beautiful packaging even if you only use a few supplies. Here I only used washi tape, a shipping tag, a paper doily, and a date stamp.

wrapping
I wrapped the box in kraft paper that I recycled from things I received in the mail.

kraft package
I folded the paper around and secured it on the bottom with a strip of washi tape.

pretty kraft package
All I did to decorate was lay a paper doily on it, wrap the string from the tag around and held it all together with another piece of washi tape.

pretty packaging
Kraft and twine are one of my favorite combinations. Paired with a few other embellishments, it can't get any better than that!

close up
And I almost forgot the date stamp! I think it adds a nice touch. :)

I hope this gave you a little inspiration next time you need to wrap a gift! ♥

6 comments :

  1. I love how you write your name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simple and yet so pretty! I'm certainly going to put more effort into my gift wrapping in future. What a lovely blog - I have come across it via it's mention in Craftseller magazine. I look forward to reading more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! ♥ And thank you for letting me know about Craftseller magazine, I had no idea I was mentioned in it! Was it a past issue, or the current September one?

      Delete
  3. A simple and pretty idea ! You inspire me to next time! ♥
    Have a wonderful day ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this makes me so happy!
      Have a wonderful day as well! ♥

      Delete