Monday, September 2, 2013

college life

dorm12
I've been at school for more than 2 weeks now, and I've finally found the time to photograph a dorm tour! The lighting isn't very good, so these photos are going to be highly processed.

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who sent me kind words these past few weeks, you have helped me more than you know! ♥

So on August 17th, I drove 3.5 hours to my university for move-in day. My family came to help me unpack and get settled into my new home. We walked around the campus a little, and then it was time to say goodbye. Just to say that it was hard is an understatement. Because once my family left, I was on my own for real.

Luckily, I already knew one of my roommates (we are friends from high school), so we kept ourselves busy and explored a little.

dorm13
The type of dorm I am living in is like a little apartment. I share it with three other girls; we have a living room, a tiny kitchen, two bathrooms, and each of us has our own bedroom. I am so grateful I was able to get this type of dorm because I get the best of both worlds; I get to share it with other people, but at the end of the day I have my own room to go to.

dorm14
As you can see, I chose the lavender comforter! (Remember this post?) I brought a lot of decorations from my old bedroom at home.

dorm15
I have lots of string lights hanging up because it's so much nicer than the florescent lighting (it makes my room look a lot cozier too!).

dorm17
There is a little alcove on the other side of my room for my desk. I've hung up some pictures and decorations, and strung some garland up above.

dorm18
Here's another view of the wall above my desk.

dorm21
My friend Allison gave me this adorable little kitty that sits next to me at my desk.

dorm19
I've lined my windowsill with a few odds and ends.

dorm20
This is our living room. We've tried to make it look a little homier by hanging up string lights, curtains, a clock, and adding a few other things like picture frames and a throw blanket.

dorm16
And now about college life.

Classes started a few days after I moved in. This semester I'm taking: French, 3D Design, Astronomy, PreCal, and a fine arts class where I get to attend different art events in my city (plays, concerts, symphonies, etc...) and write about it. I really love all of my classes. I have not declared a major yet, so I just registered for classes in things that I'm interested in.

Since I moved in, I have met so many new people. Everyone is so friendly, you can just walk down the hall and become friends with whoever you pass. Most days I meet my roommate and a bunch of other new friends for lunch, it's a lot of fun getting to hang out with a big group of people. We've gone out into town a few nights for dinner, when we're ready for a break from dining hall food. My campus is huge and beautiful, I love walking everywhere. There are several artsy clubs and organizations that I'm planning on getting involved in, I'm really excited about them. I have no time to be bored here. When I'm not working on homework, there are so many fun things to do, like zumba and yoga classes at the gym, movie nights with friends, ballroom dancing lessons (yes, my roommate and I actually signed up for that!), exploring the campus/city, and so much more!

College life is great. I'm so excited for everything that is in store for me these next four years!

 
College Roadtrip from Jordan Clark on Vimeo.

And finally, here is a short video of move-in day, my university, and my new home. ♥

ps. The video is better in HD ;)

24 comments :

  1. Your dorm room is so pretty! and I loved the video. You should do more of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥ I love making videos, but I don't make them often. I'd like to start making more though!

      Delete
  2. Can I ask where this beautiful campus is? I just discovered your blog today and I love the vintage-y feel of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm attending the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL. :)

      Delete
  3. Ah your room is absolutely gorgeous! For some reason, I totally feel all of the excitement of starting at college with you!

    I live in Australia and started at the start of this year, but didn't like my course so I'm taking a 'gap semester' and I'm going to a different university at the end of this year/start of next and this kinda just makes me excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ♥
      Oooh, that's very exciting! Good luck with everything! I love new beginnings, I hope this one treats you well!

      Delete
  4. Your room is so gorgeous !
    I loved your video. Life seems so peaceful ! ♥
    (and the song of the video is... perfect. :) )

    I'm sure you'll spend four fantastic years !
    Have a wonderful day ! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! ♥ It's lovely here, I am so happy this is where I ended up. I hope you have an absolutely marvelous day! ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes ! I past a marvelous day because I listened The Beauty Surrounds ! ;)♥

      Delete
    3. Yay! I'm glad you like the song! ♥

      Delete
  5. Oh Jordan, you never fail to amaze me :) Love your dorm room. Bet I could stare at it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gwen! So glad you like it! ♥

      Delete
  6. OH my gosh, this sounds like paradise, really! :) I didn't know that life at a college in the U.S. is so cool :)
    I love your dorm, especially your own room, it's supercute. ♥

    All my love and I hope you'll enjoy your time at college :)
    Susanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!! Yes, college life really is great! So much better than high school!

      That means so much to me! I hope you are having a wonderful day Susanne! ♥

      Delete
  7. Strings and strings of twinkling fairy lights... love... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to move into my house and make it as beautiful as this!!!! I made some patchwork cushions for my room, I think they'd look great in yours too - http://www.pinkroller.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/patchwork-magic.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I went to your blog, I love it and those patchwork cushions are SO cute! ♥

      Delete
  9. Your decorations for your room are so nice! You seem to be embracing your college life with grace. It is wonderful that you like all your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I wanted to let you know that I've linked to this wonderful post in my monthly round-up of the best things I've found on the web. You can view the post here: http://spikesandstardust.com/2013/09/27/september-delights/. I hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! ♥ And thanks for letting me know! :)

      Delete
  11. Your bedroom is so well decorated, i love it! Oh and i notice that you like dreamcatcher and that you're playing piano too. ^^ It will be great to see some videos when you are playing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ♥ That's a good idea, maybe I will! :)

      Delete