Wednesday, July 24, 2013

pretty recycled tins

recycled tins
After my last spray painting project, I started thinking of more things I could recycle and transform into something pretty. A while ago, my grandma gave me a collection of metal coffee tins because she knew I could do something crafty with them. They're perfect for storage; they just needed a coat of paint and a few embellishments!

tins and lace
I stuck with a simple color palette; light blue, white, and gold.

lace tin
For one tin, I used a white paper doily and accented it with gold paint.

gold polka dot tin
I used a pencil eraser as a stamp and decorated another tin with gold polka dots.

lovely tin
For the last tin, I wrote a quote and framed it with gold leaf vines. The quote says: "Turn soft and lovely any time. You have a chance."

tins
I love how my tins turned out! I've been thinking of cute storage ideas for my college dorm room, and I think these will be perfect! If you have any more organizing ideas for college, let me know!

Have a wonderful day! ♥

Font used in top photo: Quinto

6 comments :

  1. I love these! Such a soft colour palette. You should open a little shop, Jordan :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥ I've actually thought about opening a shop, thanks for the encouragement! Maybe you'll see one in the future? ;)

      Delete
  2. This is such a charming idea. You are so great about sticking to your own style. I absolutely adore your blog! You truly make me want to be a better blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all of your kind words! ♥ Comments like these make me want to be a better blogger!

      Delete
  3. These are sooo lovely ! You always amaze me by your creativity. I'm sure they will be useful to you in college.

    ReplyDelete