Wednesday, July 17, 2013

pretty jars {DIY}

pretty jars
I have a pretty big glass jar collection, mostly recycled from the pantry. They have so many uses; for storage, to wrap a gift, to hold water for painting, and they even look nice just lined up on a shelf! But the lids are all sorts of colors, and I don't want to display a pickle brand when I use them. So I bought some spray paint and gave these jars a new life!

decorating jars
If you have some empty jars, you should try this too! After you paint the lids, gather some pretty embellishments to decorate your jars with.

sequin jar
I use small jam jars to store a few of my craft supplies.

hardware on jars
I decorated the lid of this jar with gold hardware and tied a tag around it. I filled it with washi tape and it looks like an adorable gift to give!

bow on jar
This is a very inexpensive way to spruce up your room and recycle while you're at it! Let me know if you try it, I'd love to see how you decorate your jars!

2 comments :

  1. This is such a cute idea! One thing I do with jars for my room is fill them a few twigs that have white paper butterflies glued to them.

    Here are some 'character jars' I made for an Alice in Wonderland birthday party.

    http://therobinstree.blogspot.com/2013/07/alice-in-wonderland-sweet-16-character.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oooh, that sounds so pretty! I want to try making something like that sometime! And I love your Alice in Wonderland jars, they are so cute, and that's such a good idea! Have a lovely day!

      Delete