Thursday, July 25, 2013

collection of dishes

dishes
Knowing I would be moving out of my parent's house this fall, I started collecting dishes this past year to take with me. Everytime I went thrifting with my friends or shopping with my mom, I would keep an eye out for pretty cups or bowls or anything like that.

glasses
I found these beautiful lavender, fleur-de-lis glass cups at World Market. I fell in love with them and they were on sale! I figured it was meant to be, so I bought a set of them.

tea
I found all of my teacups (like that light pink glass one) at thrift stores and antique shops. I found an adorable ceramic tea container at TJ Maxx, and I also got a small "Sugar" version (that you can see in the top photo).

tea collection
I filled it with a variety of my favorite teas.

icecream bowls
I found these little glass bowls at a local antique shop. I thought they would be so adorable to use for ice cream

soap dish
Also at the antique shop, I found this pretty soap dish. Underneath the soap is the engraving of a couple's initials and the year 1961. So sweet!

cat
Look who showed up at my mini photo shoot! Of course he just decided to make himself at home right where I was taking photos.

I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at all the pretty things I've collected! I move in 23 days. This is the first time I've counted down, it's a little frightening, but very exciting!

4 comments :

  1. An adorable collection, like you're cat ! :)♥
    Have a nice day ! ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day as well! ♥

      Delete
  2. CAT DISH FTW. It's so cute I'm gonna diiieeee~~~ ><
    I agree with Petit Bretzel, very nice collection indeed.

    Lots of love ♥ Lan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it SO MUCH!!! Thank you!♥

      Delete