Sunday, August 12, 2012

mini inspiration envelope

 I spent this afternoon crafting and came up with a short tutorial to share with you all! I made this mini envelope full of inspirational quotes written on small scraps of paper.

First you'll need to make an envelope. Just google "envelope template" and you'll have lots to choose from.

Decorate it however you want. I painted mine with acrylics and watercolor, but I think it would also look pretty collaged.

Collect your favorite quotes and write them on pieces of paper. (A few that I used are listed at the bottom of  this post)

Put all the quotes in the envelope and tape it closed (with washi tape, of course).

See, wasn't that easy? When you need a little inspiration, just pull out a quote to read!

Some quotes I used:

When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don't seem to matter very much, do they?
-Virginia Woolf

You will never be lovelier than you are now.
-Anonymous

If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives.
-Lemony Snicket

Think of  all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
-Anne Frank

3 comments :

  1. what beautiful work, I like very much this small envelope with her quotes ! And I think as Claude Monet, more flowers always, always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I agree, Claude Monet couldn't have said it any better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I like your writing. I like Scrapbooking either using Scrapbook Ribbon I buy online, various DIY Ribbon. I would be very pleased to share the experience with you!

    ReplyDelete