Saturday, August 11, 2012

shirt to skirt

I came across this tutorial on Pinterest recently, which shows you how to make a button-up shirt into a skirt. A while ago I bought a giant, men's, button-up shirt for $3 at a thrift store with plans to make it into something cool, I just didn't know what. So I'm really glad I found this idea! It was super easy and only took about 20 minutes to make (I spent most of my time searching for a safety pin to use for inserting the elastic waist band). It's really cute too, and looks good with just a t-shirt. I'm going to look  for more thrift store shirts with cool patterns to make more skirts. And I'm thinking maybe a bow-belt made out of the leftover sleeve fabric for the next skirt?

4 comments :

  1. Cute!!!! Do you think it's easy enough for me to make? aLso, I remember when you bought that shirt and then experimented with it on me. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, definitely! As long as you can sew a straight line and measure things properly, you can do it!

    Haha, I remember that too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying my tutorial! It came out amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making the great tutorial! And thank you also for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete