Wednesday, June 4, 2014

DIY adventure fund jar // video tutorial

adventure jar DIY
You've probably seen pictures of these "adventure jars" all over tumblr or Pinterest. I was inspired to make my own, so I can start saving up for future trips and adventures!

supplies
To decorate my jar, I printed one of my photos from an adventure I had last summer in California. I attached it to the inside of the jar with washi tape, and created a dangly, beaded charm to wrap around the top. I really love how it turned out, and seeing it on my dresser definitely motivates me to keep adding money to it to save up for my next great adventure!

for adventures
I created a video to show exactly how I made my jar. I hope you enjoy!
Check out my Youtube channel

4 comments :

  1. I covet your washi tape collection:) Where do you get them? I'm new around here, but you have a beautiful blog and all your diys are so inspiring. Thank you! I'll definitely be around. College students unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, I'm so happy you enjoy my blog! I've found most of my washi tape in various Etsy shops and Japanese craft stores (my favorite is http://uguisustore.com). Also, if you have a Papersource store near you, I've seen washi tape there before! :)

      Delete
  2. this is inspiring! i might do this. :)) anyway, i have an on-going blog giveaway and i think you'll like it so i hope you can join http://www.raellarina.net/2014/06/june-2014-giveaway.html :) also, can we be pen pals? hihi ^^)

    xoxo, rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd love to be pen pals! (Feel free to email me about it- stellaireblog@gmail.com)

      Delete