Thursday, January 23, 2014

diy school supplies {moleskines}

still standing
The spring semester just began a few weeks ago for me, and with new classes comes the need for new school supplies! (Does anyone else get ridiculously excited about buying new school supplies like I do?) I needed a few notebooks for taking notes, but I couldn't just settle on boring spiral-bound notebooks, where's the fun in that? So I found a set of Moleskines on sale at Target, and I got them with the intention of decorating them!

constellations
I printed out some quotes I really like, and glued them to the covers with other scraps of paper, washi tape, and embellishments.

anything
Moleskines are perfect for me because I don't take a lot of notes, and they're small enough to slide into my bag. But you could easily apply the same idea for decorating them to a regular notebook!

moleskines

arabella
Here are the quotes I chose for the covers:

Her lips are the galaxy's edge and her kiss the color of a constellation falling into place. 
"Arabella"- The Arctic Monkeys

She realized, anything could happen. Literally. So humbly beautiful, how amazingly frightening.
-Nicole Davenport

The only thing I know is this: I am full of wounds and still standing on my feet.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

5 comments :

  1. ohh i LOVE them, especially the one with the golden stars! beautiful idea <3

    dreamy weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too ! They are so pretty, lovely, adorable.... ♥ ♥ ♥
    That's a good idea !

    Have a nice week-end, Jordan ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, sweet ♥ i love the quotes, especially the arctic monkey one :)
    (though i would use up moleskines in 2 weeks ;) )

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Great idea! I love the one with the pink roses the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous. I do most of my notes digitally on Evernote but I then transfer all of the important stuff into a textbook and this is just a lovely idea for those!

    ReplyDelete