Tuesday, December 24, 2013

{diy} christmas gift wrapping

christmas gift
My roommates and I had a mini Christmas celebration one night a few weeks ago (not our party, this was just for us). It was a nice break from studying; we played Christmas music, drank hot chocolate, and exchanged gifts. I thought I'd share the gifts I bought and how I wrapped them!

clay gingerbread men
I used the same clay from this tutorial and used a mini gingerbread man cookie cutter to make this little shapes. I used a toothpick to poke holes in their arms.

glitter men
Once they were dry, I painted them gold and gave them glittery edges.

gifts
I had a hard time deciding what to get for my roommates for Christmas. I finally decided to pick out a book for each of them, and pair it with tea and chocolate (because who doesn't love sitting down with a hot cup of tea and a good book during the winter?).

gift
I picked out a different book for each roommate, depending on their personalities and what I thought they would like.

gift wrapping supplies
I wrapped the book in kraft paper and painted red polka dots on it (using a pencil eraser). I wrapped the tea and chocolate together in Christmas sheet music that I found online.

gold gingerbread men
I strung the gingerbread men on red and white twine, and wrapped it around the stacked gifts.

stack of presents
Last, I added a tag with their name painted on it and the gifts were finished! My roommates loved their gifts (and their wrapping!). So if you're ever stuck trying to think of a gift to get for somebody, you can never go wrong with a book and yummy treats!

If you'd like to know the books I chose for my roommates, they are:
-Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
-Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
-The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
I've read them all and would definitely recommend them as excellent reads!

I wish everyone lots of love this 24th of December, have a magical Christmas ♥

3 comments :

  1. Packagings are very beautiful and presents are super ! Your roommates was happy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ♥ Yes, they loved the gifts! (and the packaging!) :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm this looked so beautufil and thank you for share with use like this tips

    ReplyDelete