Monday, December 16, 2013

DIY clay christmas tags

clay christmas tags
I finished my first semester of college, what!? That just sounds crazy to me, and it all went by so fast. I passed all my finals (all A's, yay!), so to celebrate (and to de-stress from finals week), the first thing I did when I came home was some Christmas crafting!

tags
I made some clay for a project I was working on in my 3D Design class, and I had a little extra leftover. I decided to make some pretty tags for Christmas gifts!

supplies
The clay is made out of cornstarch and baking soda. I followed the recipe/tutorial from Twelfth House Studio. I used cookie cutters to make different shapes. I love the texture of this clay, it's really smooth, doesn't crack when it dries, and its pure white color gives you so many options for embellishing.

When my tags were dry, I sanded them a little just to make them a bit more smooth. Then I painted and decorated them!

merry christmas tag
I used some non-traditional Christmas colors, and I really love how they turned out!

gilded
Gold is my favorite accent color (I prefer it over silver any day!), so on a few of my tags I used gold paint to give them gilded edges!

christmas package

be merry

floral christmas

joy

ornament
There are so many ways to get creative with these tags, I would love to see what you can come up with if you try them out!

Happy Monday! ♥

13 comments :

  1. Well done on your finals! Love the tags - I think I need another week before Christmas if I'm going to fit all the Christmas crafting I want to do in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know, me too! Christmas is coming up so fast, and there are so many projects I want to do!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for your finals !
    I fell in love with your tags. They are so pretty ! ♥
    Oh and this week, I often think to you because, for Christmas, I make your pillow boxes !

    Have a wonderful week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisa!!
      Aww, I'm so glad you're making the pillow boxes! I'd love to see them when they're done! ♥ Have fun Christmas crafting! ♥

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous as always Jordan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! They almost even look like cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ♥ They do look like cookies! Hey, that might be a cool idea for a gift tag, to paint them so they look even more like cookies! (Maybe gingerbread men?)

      Delete
  5. These are almost too adorable! I love Christma designs that incorporate the color pink, so this post is very pleasing indeed. <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ♥ I do too, I've been using quite a bit of pink in my Christmas wrapping this year (it just looks so sweet and lovely!).

      Delete
  6. these are absolutely adorable, great job!

    ReplyDelete