Saturday, September 28, 2013

starry pillow box {DIY}

tape and twine
I feel like I've been doing packaging-idea posts a lot lately, but it's just so much fun to come up with pretty ways to wrap things! So today I'll show you how I made this starry pillow box!

star stamp
I started with a piece of kraft paper. I carved a star stamp out of an eraser and used white paint to create a pattern on my paper.

pillow box template
On the back of the paper, I traced my pillow box template and cut it out. If you google "pillow box templates", you will find dozens. Just print one out on card stock and you'll have your own reusable template.

pillow box
I scored the folds in the box with a bone folder. You can also use the tip of a closed pen if you don't have a bone folder.

star pillow box
The box folded together easily, and I used a bit of glue on the side flap to close it.

wrapping supplies
I gathered together a few different supplies to decorate my pillow box and came up with a couple of ideas for wrapping!

crafty wrapping

wrapping


lace and glitter


gift closeup
If you ever need to wrap a small gift, try making a pillow box!

Have a lovely day! ♥

8 comments :

  1. That's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really pretty ! ♥
    You gave me an idea to pack the gift that I'll make for my mother's birthday ! :)
    Have a wonderful day !
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yay, I'm so glad this inspired you for your mother's gift! You should post about it on your blog! You have a wonderful day as well! ♥

      Delete
  3. Such a cute idea! This is perfect for little party favors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ♥ I didn't even think about that, that is a great idea! It's perfect because they are so customizable. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  4. Great job! Beautiful packaging~

    http://cafecraftea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea ! I never thought of making this kind of boxes myself. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete