Sunday, July 21, 2013

travel diaries: Virginia Beach

beach
Virginia Beach is my hometown. I spend part of my summer there every year, and I love it. My time in Virginia Beach is the epitome of summer; sunny days spent in the ocean, slurpee stops at 7-eleven, family jam sessions, browsing surf shops, riding bikes on the boardwalk, and staying up late laughing with my cousin.

fireworks
The fourth of July was a lot of fun. We spent the day surfing, came home to have a barbecue with the entire family, and then had a mini fireworks celebration by the pool.

fourth of july
Friends and family make every night fun.

jam sesh
Most nights when we're all together, the musicians of the family bring out their guitars and we have a jam session.

my board's name is tim

I named this board Tim. I had lots of fun with him and it was hard to say goodbye (as I was only borrowing him for the week from my aunt's neighbor).

slurpee
There's nothing like stopping for a slurpee after a long day at the beach.

bikini
I basically live in my swimsuit while I'm in Virginia. No complaints here, there's nothing more comfortable than swimsuits and tank tops.

cake pops
And before I left, my cousin and I decided to try to make cake pops. Well, it ended up being a bit of a disaster (it was pretty funny actually) and these are the only ones I could salvage for a picture.

I've missed Virginia ever since I left. The rest of my summer's going to be pretty quiet, but I think that's exactly what I need before I move to college next month.

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer! ♥

1 comment :

  1. You have shared a nice article here about the virginia beach. Your article is very interesting and useful for us. If anyone interested to enjoy their holidays in the Myanmar, Visit Myanmar holidays

    ReplyDelete