Thursday, July 31, 2014

College Roadtrip 2014

Hello everyone! If you've wondered why I've been so absent from the blog world lately, it's because I just moved back to college! The last two weeks have been spent shopping for dorm supplies, packing up my entire room, and making the trip back to my school!

You may have some questions, so hopefully this will answer them!
I attend the University of Alabama, and even though school doesn't start for another 3 weeks, I had to move in early for RA training (yes, I'm an RA this year!). I'm a sophomore and I'm majoring in Art and minoring in French and Entrepreneurship.  My dorm is more like an apartment: I have three roommates and we share a living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms, but we each have our own bedroom. I will do an in-depth dorm tour when I have everything unpacked and set up!

I made the trip to move in on Tuesday. I had to have two cars to fit all of my stuff (so much for trying to pack light), so my mom drove with me. She left late that afternoon and then I was on my own! It's always hard saying goodbye to my family, and although it was slightly better than last year, it still wasn't easy. At least this year things are more familiar for me, and I don't have to figure out and get used to everything.

Since I had to move in early, I'm the only one in my dorm for a while. It was a little strange being completely on my own (because last year when I moved into college, all my roommates were already there)- but I'm actually enjoying it. I spent my first day alone unpacking. I took a break in the afternoon to walk around campus and go to the mail center to pick up a letter. I ended the day by going to visit some friends on campus that night.

I made a short video (like I did last year) to document moving in!



ps.  I have a packed schedule for RA training the next few weeks, so I might not be blogging as often as usual (but I do have a few pre-made posts that I might share). I'll be back as soon as I can! xoxoJordan

4 comments :

  1. So great! Wish you a new good study year! =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great :). When I went to college I had to pack everything for 4 months in just 3 suitcases (including bedding and all supplies) because it was an 8 hour flight from home - I'm sure that with 2 cars worth you'll have plenty of things to make your dorm homey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Wow, I could never fit everything I needed in just 3 suitcases, that is crazy!

      Delete