Wednesday, August 7, 2013

petite paper flowers {DIY}

tiny paper flowers
I've spent the last several days eating copious amounts of ice cream while scrolling through Pinterest for hours on end. Why am I indulging in such luxury, you ask? I had my wisdom teeth removed on Monday and recovery has not been fun, to say the least. I finally dragged myself out of bed because I was itching to start crafting, and I came up with these tiny paper flowers. So here's a tutorial if you would like to make some too!

cutting paper flowers
Either by hand or with a paper punch, cut out lots of small flower shapes.

paper punches
For my particular flower, I used four larger flower shapes and one small one. I was using card stock, but if you use a light weight paper, you might want to add more pieces to it.

making paper flowers
This is optional, but I trimmed each petal with deckle scissors.  I think it gives the flower a little more texture. Then, crease each petal so they curl up.

flowers and beads
Stack up your flower shapes and glue them all together, then pick something to put in the center. You can use seed beads, paint, sequins, glitter, or anything else you can think of!

I really love these tiny paper flowers. They would be adorable to add to packages, cards, or any paper craft.

paper flower rosette

pretty package

making

8 comments :

  1. So cute! You love flowers, isn't it ? ;)♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, love those! ♥
    I hope you recover soon, having your wisdom teeth removed doesn't sound like holiday...

    Love, Susanne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! :) I should be back on my feet soon! ♥

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful idea! I love love love your colours!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really easy yet soooo cute!!

    http://moonshineandsunlight.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete