Saturday, March 30, 2013

fresh summer salsa

salsa bowl
I am so happy the weather is finally warming up here, I couldn't stand the cold for much longer. The sky is blue, the breeze is warm, and summer feels like it is just around the corner. So in the spirit of the summer, I felt like making fresh salsa.

salsa
I picked out some fresh vegetables from the grocery store and asked my mom for her salsa recipe. This salsa is so simple to make and so very delicious. You can eat is like everyone else does with tortilla chips, but I have two other ways to eat it that are my favorite. Either just plain, like a salad; or, slice a piece of real mozzarella, pour some salsa on top, and enjoy your delicious and healthy snack.

bowl of salsa
I also wanted a chance to show off my new bowls I found at TJ Maxx. I love them so much! They are a small size (perfect for snacks!) and have a pretty floral print. They had two colors, the greenish-blue I used for the salsa, and a scarlet red. I got one in each color. :)

Even though this is not much of a recipe, I will still share it with you. ♥

Fresh Summer Salsa

2 tomatoes
half of a sweet onion
1 jalapeno
a handful of cilantro
1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

Chop all of the vegetables as big or as small as you like. I take out the seeds of the jalapeno so it's not too spicy. Pull off the cilantro leaves and chop them as well. Squeeze the juice of either half a lime or a whole lime, depending on what you like. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix it all together and enjoy.

2 comments :