Friday, April 5, 2013

fairy inspired: prom

fairy inspired: prom
 Today is very exciting because tonight is my senior prom! I meant to do a post a while ago about what I'm going to wear to prom, but I kept putting it off. So I'm finally doing it this morning!

So the look I was going for was just light and pretty, almost "fairy-like" as my friends and I have termed it. I started with choosing a dress. This was hard. I went to several shops in town, but I didn't like any of the dresses because they were too "prom-y", if you know what  I mean. Like lots of shiny satin and bedazzling and flashy colors and not my style at all. So I started looking online, and I eventually decided on the J.Crew Arabelle Dress in the color "Misty Rose". Then, I knew I wanted flowers in my hair. So I scoured the internet once again, this time looking for a floral crown. I looked on etsy and various online shops, and the one I found that I liked the best was a white rose crown from Urban Outfitters. Next, I searched for shoes. At first I was going to get super tall platform heels in an attempt to avoid having to get my dress hemmed. So I found some, bought them, and brought them home to try on with my dress. After walking around the house in them, I realized what a horrible idea it was to get such tall shoes because I felt like I was going to fall and twist my ankle at any moment. So I decided to return them, accept the fact that I would need to go get my dress hemmed, and just wear some nude, patent pumps (with a much lower heel) that I had in my closet. And finally, for my hair and makeup, I am going to go for a natural, "fairy-like" look: blushing pink cheeks; light, shimmery eyeshadow; soft pink lips; and long, wavy hair.

I might post pictures on instagram later today, so you can check that if you want to see how I pulled it all together! (My instagram is stellairestellar).

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! ♥

8 comments :

  1. I bet you'll look real pretty. Love the flowers too. Have a good night, Jordan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gwen!! It was a lot of fun, I had a great night :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Cute! I'm going for a shorter prom dress because I'm really small and all the long dresses are TOO long and big. Curse genetics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I'm short too and I love long dresses but they never fit me right! I love my dress, but it would have been easier to dance in something shorter. :)

      Delete
  3. There is no prom in France where I live (and I'm too old anyway !) but if there was I would love to dress this way ! This is really pretty and different ! (That is to say if the usual prom looks like what you can see on TV !^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad there's not because it's a lot of fun! But thank you! :) (And yes, what you see on TV is the usual way people dress for prom!)

      Delete
  4. Oh, everything is so pretty! That would be my dream outfit of prom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who would rather wear this than the typical prom outfit. ♥

      Delete