Wednesday, January 9, 2013

beach in a jar

shells in jar
When I went shopping with my friends (read the last post), we also stopped by the beach. Now those of you who have been following my blog for a while know how much I love the beach; I would spend everyday of my life there if I could. I collected some sand during our trip to bring a little of the beach into my room.  Here is the "beach in a jar".

supplies for beach in a jar
If you want to make one also, you will need:
  • a glass jar  recycled from the pantry
  • sand  gathered at the beach
  • seashells  collected from many trips to the ocean

jar of  sand
Fill your jar with clean, dry, sand.

beach in a jar
Arrange sea life however you like.

This ridiculously easy DIY would look great decorating your room or make the perfect gift for the beach-lover in your life.

4 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the idea of of bringing a little beach into the home :).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Me too, it makes me happy every time I see it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea, it looks great :)

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete