Saturday, September 1, 2012

strawberry cupcakes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADE AND MOM!

So, Thursday was my cousin Jade's birthday and Friday was my mom's birthday. Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to Jade to celebrate her birthday with her, but for my mom, I made these delicious strawberry cupcakes. (Jade, I'm sending you a virtual batch of cupcakes ♥)

I used this recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride. I LOVE this recipe, the cupcakes are so light and fluffy, and they taste wonderful. The only thing I changed in the recipe was using coconut milk instead of regular milk (only because I don't like regular milk). For the frosting, I used this frosting recipe from Recipe Girl. The frosting was really good too, the only thing I would do differently next time is cut the recipe in half because it made so much frosting. I think I had a lot leftover because I made cupcakes rather than an actual cake.

I sliced up some strawberries to garnish the top with. They kind of look like butterfly wings. Or a pair of lungs... Let's just go with butterfly wings. ;)


You can't tell from the picture, but the cupcakes did turn out a pretty, light pink. That's another thing I like about this recipe is that there aren't any artificial dyes or coloring added to make them pink (unless you add food coloring to make a brighter pink, which I didn't do).

I will definitely be making these again!

3 comments :