Thursday, June 26, 2014

going pink

going pink
I've wanted pastel hair for the longest time (I fell in love with Kelly Osbourne's lavender hair a few years ago!) but I never did it because I didn't want to lose my hair color. But I kept seeing photos on pinterest that really made me want to change up my hair, so I finally decided to do a light pink, ombre color- that way I keep my natural hair color up top, but still get to have pink hair!

pink hair color
I found the exact rosy-pink color I was looking for at a beauty supply shop. It's the brand "Ion Color Brilliance Brights", in the color "Rose".

pink hair
With some pointers from my aunt- who is a professional (thanks Vanessa!) and after watching a few youtube tutorials, I gathered together my supplies and went for it!

pink
It surprisingly wasn't too difficult, and I really love how it turned out! I did not bleach my hair because I didn't want to damage my ends. My hair was already light enough anyway, and I think it blends in better without bleach. I call it "naturally pink" ;)

I'm so happy I decided to try out pink hair! If you're trying to decide whether or not to try it too, I would say go for it! And next time I do my hair, I might make a tutorial if anyone is interested!

12 comments :

  1. You did it!!! You're so pretty and the pink looks gorgeous. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! ♥

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I would not be brave enough to do this on my black hair but it looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The pink looks great on you! (^__^) How long did it take?

    I went dark brown (or was it brown haha, I can't even remember T.T) and I didn't like it. My hair is naturally black. An ombre sounds better to try than going full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't remember exactly, but it was less than an hour!
      I bet your black hair is absolutely gorgeous! I thought about going dark several years ago, but I don't think it would suit me. Ombre is always a great option though! :)

      Delete
  4. your hair looks fantastic! I just followed your blog - you have great photography :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for both compliments, I really appreciate it! ♥

      Delete
  5. Usually I don't like brightly colored hair, but yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink is the color of love and you are looking very beautiful in pink hair. If anyone looking for the best Indian bridal makeup artist for wedding. Contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking beautiful in the pink hairs. Get the team of professionals & passionate hair stylists near you helping you to get the right look. For the more details you can visit on Hair Styling Services Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Candle Making Supplies Near Me

    ReplyDelete