Wednesday, March 26, 2014

french rose macarons

rose macarons
My dream is to sit outside a cafe in Paris on a beautiful spring afternoon, sipping an espresso and enjoying macarons picked up at a nearby pâtisserie. But at the moment I am stuck in a small town in Alabama, so I will just have to settle with baking these French macarons in my own kitchen and daydreaming about my future Parisian travels.

macarons
Macarons are tricky to make. For every good batch I've made, I've probably had a dozen past failed attempts (slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean). I've learned to go into baking them without expectations of perfect, Ladurée-worthy pastries.

macaron
My favorite flavor is rose. I love the light floral essence paired with the delicate cookie and airy filling, c'est parfait! The secret ingredient is a little rose water added to a basic macaron recipe.

rose water whipped cream
The filling is heavy cream whipped with a dash of rose water and a few spoonfuls of confectioners sugar (not too much, just enough to add some slight sweetness).

macarons
I swoon for beautiful, frilly macaroon edges. Look how pretty they are!

macarons
I think the best way to learning how to bake the perfect batch is going through trial and error. But if anyone is interested, I could do a tutorial on baking macarons and include a few tips I've learned along the way!

I wish I could invite you all over for tea and macarons, but instead I'll just have to send you a virtual batch. I hope everyone is have a lovely week! ♥

15 comments :

  1. I would love to see a tutorial on how to make macarons! I've always wanted to know but it seems extremely complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback! I probably will do a tutorial sometime in the near future! :)

      Delete
  2. Macarons really are the most photogenic food ever. Yours look like pink fluffy little clouds! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they look good no matter how you display them! (Another reason I love macarons so much) ♥

      Delete
  3. so light and airy! just beautiful. the French would be proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look so delicate! macarons are the best <3

    pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, nothing can beat a perfect macaron! ♥

      Delete
  5. These look lovely! I've made these several times as well but it's 50/50 chance that they are either pretty or an utter disaster :P

    http://cafecraftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ♥ It's the same with me, I can never count on a batch coming out well (but I am so so happy when they do!).

      Delete
  6. howdy :)
    wow, they look gorgeous! I'm sure they are very delicious n_n <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so lovely and the macarons looks delicious. I hope you're doing fine, and are enjoying college !

    Clémentine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Clémentine! I hope you're doing great as well! Have a lovely day! ♥

      Delete
  8. Artikel indah, yang telah Anda bagikan di sini tentang macarons mawar Prancis. Artikel Anda sangat menarik dan saya menyukai cara Anda untuk membagikan pengalaman Anda di sini. Jika ada yang ingin membeli produk nugget, kunjungi eatjoy.co.id

    ReplyDelete