Thursday, August 1, 2013

craft party

crafts1
Yesterday I invited two of my friends over for a mini crafting party to make a few cute things for our dorm rooms. It was dreary and rainy outside, so it was the perfect afternoon for crafts. We made rose tealights, decoupaged coasters, and little floral magnets.

rose tealights
I absolutely love the little rose tealights we made. We took apart fake flowers and glued them around a battery tealight. I found this wonderful idea and tutorial at Smart School House.

allison crafting
This is Allison busy crafting!

magnets on daisies
We painted flower cabochons and made them into small magnets to hang on our fridge.

coasters and tealights
These are the tealights and coasters that I made.

ashley crafting
Ashley made an adorable vintage postcard-looking coaster!

tealight
I can't wait to decorate my dorm with the things we made!

tealights and coasters
It was so much fun doing all the crafts with my friends, and it was a great way to get together before we all move away. Even if you're not heading off to college in a few months, plan a girls day with all your friends and make some of those pinterest projects that I know you've been meaning to do. ;)

Have fun crafting. ♥

Font used in 2nd photo: Birmingham

7 comments :

  1. So lovely! I don't know which one I love the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tea lights! I've wanted to make a few and put them around my room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, they're my favorite thing we made! You should try it, they're not that hard to make! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your roses and the floral cabochons ! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This looks way too fun, I wish I was there! Love it aaaalllll, especially those intricate mini flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad we're oceans apart or else we could have mini crafty parties too! Thank you! ♥

      Delete