Monday, January 23, 2012

abstract flower nail art

I debated whether or not to post this tutorial, because it didn't exactly turn out how I wanted. Originally I was going to do a pretty rose nail art tutorial, but when I started painting my nails I decided I wanted blue colors instead of pink and red. I had in my head how I wanted the blue flower to look, but it ended up looking a little more "abstract", I guess you could say. So that's what I'll be calling this tutorial- the abstract flower.

 First, pick out some nail polish colors. I might have a bit of a nail polish problem because everytime I see a pretty color I like, I buy it. So I have a pretty big collection.

Pick a color to be your base color and paint your nails.


Put a blob of another color in the middle of your nail and using a toothpick, drag it out into a flower-ish shape.

Put another color in the middle of that....

And spread it around.

Use another toothpick in a darker color the create lines in the center of the flower. They're supposed to be the stamen.

I painted the flower design on my thumbs and then painted the rest of my nails a lilac color. On my ring fingers I put a sparkly coat on top.

I might still do the rose nail tutorial another time, hopefully it will turn out how I imagine it!
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

4 comments :

  1. Nice, "abstract". Like my "rustic" cupcakes. I love doing my nails and I have some cool ones I want to show you, so I guess I'll post them,I can't believe I never thought of that! I love glitter and I can recognize the nail polish that Nik got you for Christmas. I am a nail polish.....collecter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I need to start doing my own nails...I swear I'm a hot mess when I try to do anything crafty with them, but this looks doable and adorable!

    Have to tried the glitter nail technique? That's the next on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jade Haha, we're both nail polish "collectors". You definitely should post your nail art, I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bethany Haha, I'm usually like that too, I hardly ever do a design. Most of the time I just paint a solid color, but I thought I'd try something new.

    I haven't tried the glitter nail technique yet, but I want to. I've seen pictures and it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete