Wednesday, August 29, 2012

diy pin dolls

 I started making these pin dolls with my sister when she was little and still enjoy making them today! I decided to photograph a tutorial so you can learn how to make them too! They're pretty simple and don't require many supplies.
(ps. Jade, these are perfect crafts for babysitting!)

You will need:
-Clothespins
-Paint or waterproof markers
-Fabric scraps, ribbon, washi tape, paper, other embellishments

First, you'll need to give your doll a face and some hair. Make it as realistic or unrealistic as you want! I am using this paint for this tutorial, but when I made them with my sister, we used markers (paint is hard for toddlers to use).

Then it's time to add clothes. You can paint/draw clothes on, or use fabric or ribbon. I painted mine first, and then added a lace skirt with a washi tape belt (in the photo below).

See how pretty it is? I love making these and there are so many possibilities! You could make a mermaid or a princess or an alien or a surfer or whatever you can think of!


You could also use these as decorations on gifts! Tie them on with some twine and add a pretty tag and your package will look wonderful!

Have fun making pin dolls!

6 comments :

  1. What a sweet little project :) I'm always looking for fun gift toppers.
    I would love to have you add this to a collective link party I co-host, Eat Make Grow: http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/2012/08/eat-make-grow-thursday-5.html
    I host along with two other bloggers, so one link shows up on all three blogs, and we feature a couple of bloggers each week. We're always looking for great content like this! Hope to see you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we were little and we would put acorn hats on them. Now, of course they are much more grown up. I love how these remind me of all of the things we used to do years ago. Tell your mom I said Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marigold,
    Thank you!
    That sounds really neat, I'll go check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade,
    I forgot about the acorn hats! I'll have to remember to do that next time. Don't you miss all those little crafts we used to come up with when we were younger? I will, and Happy Birthday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is so beautiful and so poetic !!!! a french blogueuse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment, I really appreicate it! :)

    ReplyDelete