Monday, January 9, 2017

mindfulness and finding joy

gratitude journalToday on the blog I want to share some resources and practices I've been doing lately that have changed my life. Ever since I discovered Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" a few years ago, I've been introducing new habits into my life to help be more mindful and positive. I've been wanting to share these thoughts on the blog for a while, so I'm excited to finally do it!


gratitude journal1. Gratitude journaling
A practice that I started implementing the last few months is gratitude journaling. So many spiritual teachers have talked about how life-changing this can be, and it's true! I keep this small notebook by my bedside and spend a few minutes before I go to sleep writing the things I'm grateful for that day. When you fill yourself with gratitude before you sleep, you will wake up in a great mood! You can also do the journaling in the morning before you start your day, whatever you like best!
mindfulness worksheetsmindfulness worksheets
2. Intuitive journaling/planning
I discovered these intuitive journaling sheets not too long ago, and I love them so much! You can download them for free from Jo ChunYan's site if you sign up for her newsletter. She has daily and weekly planner printables, which I like to use alongside my actual planner. I tuck the sheets into my planner, but you could also create a binder for them all! Her other printables include a life balance wheel, an intuition journaling sheet, and a 6 month vision creator- all of which are also wonderful!

little things
3. Minimize belongings
The Minimalism documentary (available on Netflix!) has helped shift my perspective to see what is really important in my life. This doesn't mean you have to throw away all of your belongings! You are just making space for the things you love by getting rid of the things that don't bring you joy. I have slowly been working towards minimizing my possessions and I have found that the less things I have, the clearer my mind and the more I am able to focus on the important things in life.

books
4. Spiritual books
I have a love for these spirituality/philosophy/self-help/whatever you want to call them, books. Two of the most influential books for me have been Eckhart Tolle's, "The Power of Now", and Deepak Chopra's "The Book of Secrets". Both teach similar ideas on mindfulness, and just open your mind to see life in a completely different way. I've told almost everyone in my life about these books, I just can't say enough good things about them.

mindfulness
5. Listen to inspiring teachers
Throughout the day I love listening to podcasts or talks that I find on Youtube to inspire me. I listen to these while I'm working, cleaning, cooking, and even running! I have been loving Jess Lively's podcast, The Lively Show,  where she talks about all sorts of subjects that will add intention into your life. I also am a huge fan of Abraham Hicks, who teaches how you are the creator of your life through your thoughts and feelings. Search youtube and you will find lots of good Abraham talks! (A warning, when you first listen to Abraham it might be pretty strange. But keep an open mind and you will learn so much!)

sunlight
6. Positive affirmations
One of my favorite things to do is go for a walk while listening to a positive affirmation meditation, preferably in the morning so it sets my whole day on a good note! I often run in the morning and after the run, I like to spend 20 minutes or so walking while I listen to one of these meditations. You can search for one on youtube- I've been loving this one lately. At first, it is going to be weird to listen to, but keep listening and I promise you this will change your mood completely!

Along that idea, I also love listening to a guided meditation while I'm falling asleep. Often it is hard to silence our minds at night, so a guided mediation is the perfect way to focus your mind on something else, even if you're not "good" at mediation. Again you can search youtube for guided mediations- one of my favorite channels is this one.

I hope something from this post gave you some inspiration! I would love to hear if you have any tips for staying mindful and bringing joy into your life!
xo, Jordan

8 comments :

  1. It's amazing how I just thought about these kind of things and that I want to do it more, and than you post this. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was meant to be! :) I'm so happy you liked this ♥︎

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post! I've been wanting to do this for a while now but I wasn't sure how to go about starting, but this has helped me so much! x
    Minae ♥ MinaekeiLatest Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this helped you!! Lots of love ♥

      Delete
  3. I found The Lively Show a couple months ago and love it! I love your idea of going for walks while meditating. Thanks for all the positivity and great content

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just landed on your blog, your youtube channel, and I've also followed your instagram :D hey, you're so creative and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your good thoughts and your beautiful works to the world. I also love stationery, flowers, drawing, roadtrip, omg... I love you Jordan, stay pretty. <3

    ReplyDelete