Monday, May 13, 2013

mother's day

breakfast puffs
I began Mother's Day by making my mom these french breakfast puffs from The Kitchy Kitchen's blog. I changed one minor thing in the recipe, instead of regular milk I used coconut milk (simply because I don't like regular milk). They turned out delicious!

raspberry rose cake
I made a cake for my mom in the afternoon. I combined a few recipes and tweaked them a bit to make the cake how I wanted it. If anyone is interested, I can post how I made it

wrapped card
I also made my mom a card and wrapped it in a kraft bag, sealed with washi tape and twine.

card
I painted a floral watercolor design on the front and wrote a message on the inside with gold ink.

flowers
And of course Mother's Day wouldn't be complete without a bouquet of flowers!

Today is my last Monday of high school, it's crazy how fast time is going by! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

6 comments :

  1. beautiful! please post the recipe for that cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ok, I will! I wanted to make sure people actually wanted it. I've started working on a post, so it'll be up soon. (:

      Delete
  2. It's so beautiful ! ♥
    I'm sure your mother will love your presents ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She loved everything! ♥

      Delete
  3. the handpainted card is extremely pretty! wish i could draw such beautiful flowers... i'll start practising at once ;)
    hope your day will be joyful! ♥
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm sure you're a beautiful artist too. And thank you, your's as well! ♥

      Delete