Wednesday, August 17, 2011

the 3 r's

Have you heard the song "The 3 R's" that Jack Johnson sings on his Curious George cd? (Yes, I listen to the Curious George cd, don't judge!) If you haven't, go listen to it! Anyways, the reason I bring it up is because this post made me think of that song.

Recycled flowers are so pretty and easy to make! There's really no need for a tutorial, because you just figure out how you want to make the flower depending on the material.

The yellow flower in the picture was a box of tea bags. I opened up the box, layed it out flat, and free-handed severeal different sized flower shapes. Cut them out, glue them together, and you have a flower!

I made the newspaper flower by cutting out 5 large squares of newspaper and folding them up into petal shapes. It's kind of hard to explain how I did it. For the center, I tore pieces of washi tape and on top of that is fabric paint on a piece of cardboard.


No comments :

Post a Comment